Will republicans be able to win elections in a minority diverse America? Unlikely. According to a US Census Bureau study, minorities grew at a larger percentage of our population than whites in 2016 compared to 2015. Non Hispanic whites were the only demographic where deaths outpaced births. In addition, last summer babies of color outnumbered white babies.
If the republican party did have some minority voters, thank Donald Trump for scaring them away. As if copying Hitler’s playbook, Trump won the election by promising his voters that he would kick out Hispanics and Muslims from our country.
Our country is becoming more diverse. A diverse America does not jive with republicans. This logic is no epiphany to my readers. I’ve been spewing this argument ever since Trump rode down that forsaken elevator. In fact, I must have regurgitated this article a dozen times. Because it is so important. Not only should it instill confidence in depressed democrats, shell-shocked after last election, but the article also serves as preview of our country’s political scene.
No better indicator of the death of the republican party, than the fact that republicans nominated Donald Trump, the anti-thesis to the typical conservative politicians. Republicans had been lied to and cheated countless times by the people they put in office. They wanted to try something else.
Also, look at how our country and the world is changing. As our country becomes more diverse, and gay people can wed, and pot can be purchased legally, the Ozzie and Harriet days of Mitt Romney aren’t coming back.
This graph proves that republican voters are predominantly older. And what do old people do? They die. Simply put, republican voters are being replaced with liberal ones. There is no refuting this.
In terms of national diversity, here’s the Census Bureau’s rundown. We’ve reordered the agency’s list to sort the groups by growth rate:
- The Asian population grew by 3.0 percent to 21.4 million.
- People who identified as being of two or more races grew by 3.0 percent to 8.5 million.
- The Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander population grew by 2.1 percent to 1.5 million.
- The Hispanic population (including all races) grew by 2.0 percent to 57.5 million.
- The American Indian and Alaska Native population grew by 1.4 percent to 6.7 million.
- The black or African-American population grew by 1.2 percent to 46.8 million.
- The white population grew by 0.5 percent to 256.0 million.
- The non-Hispanic white alone population grew by 5,000 people, remaining at 198.0 million. NPR
In conclusion, Donald Trump won, because he cheated and stole the election. Despite Hillary’s terrible campaign, and despite the successful smear campaign against her, she still won the popular vote. Our country is becoming more diverse, republicans are dying off, and our world is becoming more liberal. How will republicans win in this sort of climate without cheating?